Saturday, August 15, 2009

James Brown's Funky People - Part 2 (1988)



The second album in the Funky People Trilogy, Part 2 is a 100% guaranteed dance party. The compilation showcases all the talented musicians in the James Brown music family who toured and recorded with the legend. Brown wrote and produced most of the material and provides vocals throughout, but the focus is on the skilled team who backed the Soul Man through the first half of the 70's. Funky People indeed. -- Chris Baginski

1. "I Know You Got Soul" - Bobby Byrd
2. "From The Love Side" - Hank Ballard & The Midnight Lighters
3. "What Do I Have To Do To Prove My Love To You?" - Marva Whitney
4. "Soul Power '74" - Maceo & The Macks
5. "Put It On The Line" - Lyn Collins
6. "You Can Have Watergate But Gimme Some Bucks And I'll Be Straight" - Fred Wesley& The JB's
7. "Cross The Track" - Maceo & The Macks
8. "The Message From The Soul Sisters" - Myra Barnes & Vicki Anderson
9. "Hot Pants... I'm Coming, Coming, I'm Coming" - Bobby Byrd
10. "Do Your Thing" - Lyn Collins
11. "I'm Paying Taxes, What Am I Buying" - Fred Wesley & The JB's
12. "Super Good" - Myra Barnes & Vicki Anderson
13. "Blow Your Head" - Fred Wesley & The JB's

Buy Part 1

Buy Part 3

No comments: